Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Making Healthy Eating Fun for Your Kids - A Recipe Swap

I love recipe swaps! Even better when they are healthy. It can be so easy to rely on prepackaged items to give as snacks that are filled with no nutrients. It is my goal to start making more healthy treats. That means from scratch. That means I have to make time to do it. Sigh. Well here is a recipe that sounds super healthy. I have no idea where I got it but am excited to try it out. Breakfast has been a struggle in my house lately. This will hopefully fix the lull for awhile!

Giant Breakfast Cookies

1 cup melted butter
3/4 cup honey (yeah no sugar!)
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk (that's healthy right?)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups whole rolled oats
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips

Mix butter, honey, eggs, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir in flour and oats. Fold in raisins or choc. chips. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15- 20 min.

Be sure to check out all of the Momlogic.com articles on getting your kids to eat healthy with tips and recipes here.
What is your favorite healthy recipe? I need all the help I can get!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin