Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Benny & Shrimp Book Review


I really enjoy me a good romance book but not the corny, poorly written kind (Twilight isn't corny right?). I especially like a romance story that is different and from a different angle. That is why I really like Benny & Shrimp by Carol Shield.

Here is a description from the book jacket : "

It started in a cemetery, where they begrudgingly share a bench. "Shrimp," the childless young widow and librarian with a sharp intellect and a home so tidy that her jam jars are in alphabetical order, meets Benny, the gentle, overworked milk farmer who fears becoming the village's Old Bachelor. Both driven by an enormous longing and loudly ticking biological clocks, they can't escape the powerful attraction between them.

But how will she learn to accept that he falls asleep at the opera and has a house full of his mother's cross-stitch? And how could he ever feel at home in her minimalist apartment, bare as a dentist's waiting room?

An international sensation now available for the first time in the United States, this quirky, humorous, completely readable novel breathes new life into the age-old conundrum that is love."

I have really enjoyed reading this book. The neat part about this book is that each chapter switches between voices of the two characters. I like reading what each of the characters are thinking about for specific moments. I also like their love story because it is so unique and different than any other I have read (aside from Twilight :) ). If you are looking for a great read that shows the reality of love, than I highly recommend Benny & Shrimp. For more info or to purchase please visit Amazon.com. Many thanks to FSB Associates for sending me this fun book to read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin