Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anniversary


Today is my husband and I's 5 year wedding anniversary! I thought I would share our story. First off I was preparing to serve a mission for my church and was trying to get all my bills paid off. I was working at Costco as a cashier and box person and Cody was my supervisor. Oh yeah!
After working for a couple of months we started flirting with each other. Now at Costco you can't date someone in a position above you or you could get fired. I knew that I would be the one to have to make the move. It sounds corny but I prayed about it. I didn't want to take the chance of getting fired. I also thought it was going to be a complete waste of time since I was waiting on my call for my mission.
So I very discreetly slipped him my number. He waited 3 days to call me!!!!!!! I know! He said it's guy code. Whatever. I thought I was going to be fired for sure since I hadn't heard from him. But then he did call. Then we went on our first date and the sparks were there. We were really paranoid that someone from work would see us so we totally had the whole living on the edge thing going for us! After that we were together or talked on the phone everyday.
About 2 weeks later we were set we were going to get married. Pretty crazy. On my 21st birthday which was shortly after we started dating, he told me he loved me. They were the sweetest words! Soon after Cody officially proposed and my mission call was canceled. We started dating in Feb. and were married in June so we didn't waste any time. On our one year wedding anniversary we were also sealed in the Mesa AZ temple for time and all eternity.
While our life has been crazy since then I don't regret a thing. I love the promise and hope that our future brings and I love the family we have created. Cody and I are complete opposites in every way, we balance each other out. I love you Cody and can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings! Hopefully some peace and quite!

13 comments:

  1. Love you love story! Happy anniversary!
    I really hope you find another place to rent here in town.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Ashley! I have a similar story too. My husband and I waited a year , then we got sealed in the Orlando Temple =) My fifth year anniversary is coming up next month on the 10th! I can't believe how time flys =)

    Leslie
    LiveLoveLaughwithLeslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....so in the end did you get fired o did you quit??? i would have been totally freaing out like you...cute story for your grandkids....=) congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you two. I am so happy things re great and I know they will only get better. Love you Ashley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet story! Hope you both have a Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story!! :) Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the cutest story ever, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet story! We decided to get married after 2 weeks too...

    Hey, I got the necklace! I will send them a thank you, but I wanted to tell you too--it is beautiful and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I'm late! Well, happy late anniversary! Love your story!! My husband and I also met at work! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin