Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All Moved!

Today we moved from a very large house into a MUCH smaller and older home in another town. It has been a long day but things went pretty smooth. We were so fortunate to have such wonderful people from our church help move everything! I feel so blessed that they took the time and energy to come move us. If any of the men's wives that helped are reading this- Thank you for lending me your husband!

Now we have boxes everywhere and I feel so overwhelmed. Most of the stuff that we have to put in our basement for storage can't go down for a little while because our lanlord will be putting new flooring in. So things will be a little out of control. I hate out of control! I'm not sure where to begin.

Does anyone have any unpacking tips to share with me? I really need some!

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had some tips for you, but we moved into our house last August and we are still not completely unpacked. Glad that the move went OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all things will find their place in their own time..so just relax and let it happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your move went smoothly. I wish I had some unpacking tips for you, but I am procrastinating packing my house...so I'm probably not the best for advice on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a safe move. I have tips but it's up to you if any of them will work for you. I figure it takes at least six months to get settled into anywhere. So we live the simple life for that long. We only unpack kids toys, clothes and needed items. We stockpile everything else in one room, out of sight, hopefully out of mind. We focus on the kids for those six months. As much as I hate to be away from scrappin', crafting and all my fav. things. I don't do them. If I want a book instead of digging one out, I go to the library. I take the kids on many day trips, you know sight see like we're tourists. We TRY to keep things as simple as possible because everything is new for everyone. Hope this helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I moved 9 times?! It doesn't get any easier, you just have to throw things out to make room which is always so hard for me! Just unpack slowly and eventually each & every box will be unpacked. Maybe unpack one room at a time? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take your time! It will all get done. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks you guys! this helps me out- I need to jus be patient and take things slowly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make sure to unpack the important boxes first. I had a roommate once who was the one providing the silverware, and she didn't unpack it for weeks! Also, don't rush unpacking or you will burn out :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My only advice is start slow! When we moved, my first inclination was to unpack it all and it was overwhelming and actualy took longer with numerous boxes open versus concentrating at one at a time.

    You could try throwing an Unpack Party with your family and assigning a box per person! maybe keep the porceline dinnerware away from the little ones though....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin