Monday, October 6, 2008

Harvesting




We harvested the rest of our garden. The corn FINALLY came in! We have lots of yummy squash too. I pureed the squash and mixed it in the boys organic mac and cheese today. I always do it and they never seem to notice they are eating their veggies- until today. They both said it was yucky! My husband told me there would be a day when I couldn't trick them, when they will rebel and I think that day is here! Oh what's a girl to do? Anyways, I also made this yummy casserole from Pioneer Woman with the corn. You HAVE to try it! If you're on a diet forget about it. This is soooooooo worth it.
Blogger is being silly so here is the link http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/fresh_corn_cass/

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Looks so yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having fresh veggies from a garden that my Grandpa Evezich grew. He had the most awsome tomatoes!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me really crave creamed corn.

    Thanks for the birthday advice, you'll be happy to hear that I bought myself something pretty today and downed some Hagen Daz (it was easier than a cake). Being without Mr. Man wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good Hagen Daz makes any day fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks delicious!! i am gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fall and Harvesting! This post is so sweet. I just noticed you have a Twilight countdown...I love it too - my most favorite book series lately! Glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn't get any corn in, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good crop! Have you read the seinfeld book? His wife wrote the book about hiding veggies in foods? If they noticed that squash switch it up on them and offer the squash or what ever veggie as a side item. Maybe they will try it and if not they still got it but didn't know it.

    Thanks so much for adding me to your site. I was really touched by that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do have the book Deceptively Delicious. I gave up on it for a little while- not very many of the recipes turned out. I'm prety sure it's my lack of cooking skills! I do need to offer the veggies while I sneak them in though.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin