Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh My Land!

I have had a rough day feeling sorry for myself, lots on my plate, but nothing I can't handle. The kicker is, I have so much to be thankful for. My mom got her test results today and she doesn't need chemo! The doctors were amazed, the surgeon said that he has only seen it in one other patient before. I am so relieved! My mom still has a long road of check ups and tests since she has a higher risk of cancer now but what a blessing!

It's funny how a cancer scare can make you look differently at things. It makes you realize how unimportant other trials can be. The last week has made me want to be better and now I just have to figure out how to do it...

Did anyone else catch Grey's Anatomy tonight? There was the sweetest little girl who died of cancer. It made me cry like a baby and it also made me want to hold my babies close.

My auntie sent me this touching video that I think I should watch every morning before I start my day and maybe, just maybe, I will start to be less likely to nag my husband, or scold my boys. Maybe it will make me more motivated to not want to blog all day and instead do something for someone else. Have you seen this yet? I hope it touches you the way it has me!

5 comments:

  1. I know...it's always amazing how it takes some of us a trial(s) in our lives before we realize how precious life is.

    I did see Grey's last night...and that part was really sad.

    LOVE this poem and video. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such GREAT news about your mom!! I've been praying for her everyday. I'm so glad she's received such a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrific news about your mom! My dad battled cancer when I was in elementary school and I know how scary it is. I will continue to keep your mom and family in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear sweet Ashley! No one could ever have a better daughter, than you! I have thanked God each day for bringing you into my life... your smile, the love you show in your eyes, etc. I don't know how you could be any better, but I certainly love you!
    Thank you for being there for me when I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your mom is cancer free!!! Your blog is the best!!! I looooooooooove your new look, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin