Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Coming Home!

The surgery yesterday went way better than we could have hoped for. The surgeon was prepared for a battle when he opened up my mom but he came out saying " Your mother is very lucky." So here is what we know- she had a VERY large tumor on her right ovary. It was full of cancer but the incredible thing is, is that it formed a protective barrier around it so we think that it prevented the cancer from spreading. We will have the results next week to see for sure but the dr is very confident it is only stage one cancer. She should have a few weeks of chemo and still has a very long road of recovery.

She also now has a very high chance of getting other cancers, like breast cancer so that will always be hanging over our heads but we will just take one step at a time. I feel so blessed! I feel my relationship with God has changed in a very big way and I have truly felt his role in this sitaution. Did I mention Cody got laid off again? I didn't before but I'm mentioning it now because it has turned into a blessing. Our checking account might not see it that way but we do. Cody has been able to stay home with the boys for the last 6 days giving them all the love, security, and attention they need. That has been such a blessing. While I miss them so much and was worried to leave them for so long ( this is the first time I have ever been away over night!), it has been a great time to shift my focus on other things for a bit.

This time has reaffirmed my love and appreciation for my husband as I have seen his concern for my mother, and for me, and the way he took over the role of mom. I am so thankful for that. This time has made me see things about my life that I never noticed before, and has allowed me to see things about myself that I want to change. I also have felt a incredibly amazing calm through this whole crazy time and can only give credit to Heavenly Father.

He has kept me relaxed, and if anyone really knows me, they know I am not a relaxed person! As my mom went off to surgery I really was not worried- even though I knew there was a good chance of very bad news. Besides, all that worry would have been wasted energy.

Finally I am still receiving such wonderful love and support from friends, family, and blogging friends. I am amazed. Who knew that so many people can touch your heart from so far away. So thank you everyone!

I will be flying home tomorrow and will be getting in late tomorrow night. Cody and the boys have to drive 4 hours to the airport to pick me up and then another 4 hours home so it should be interesting. I have a lot of catching up to do with school work, housework, and postings for giveaways and review, so I will be posting when I can. I will also have to share all the fabulous food I ate while here ( I know I gained weight!) and some pics. By the way, has anyone seen the new movie Knowing with Nicholas Cage? Well if you have then you will know why I am very freaked out to be flying again! So we'll see how it goes!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family :) The Lord works in mysterious ways, but always for the Best!! I will continue to keep you & your family in my thoughts and prayers ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog! You have a cute little family :) I hope your mom recovers quickly and safely! What a cute design! I love your makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fabulous...as fabulous as cancer can sound?!?! Sounds weird saying, huh? HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is good news about your mother. this will be a challenging time for her I am sure. I have never had anyone in my family with cancer, so I have no "first hand" experience to share with you. You must be a real strengh to your mom. I am a little freaked out about flying too --I am a scardy cat about most things though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so so so so glad. Hooray!!!

    You know, we have experienced that same thing with layoffs--from January until March DH was out of work, but if he hadn't been I think I'd be in the psych ward right now--all our nurses kept getting sick, which is hard for us, since Dakin's care is so involved. If he hadn't been here...whew. Anyway.

    Hugs to you and your sweet mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news and I hope your family has plenty more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stage 1~ That is indeed beautiful news! What a blessing for your family and specially for your mom! The Lord must have some mighty things planned for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great news about your Mom.
    My Dad beat cancer last summer!
    Many prayers to you and your family.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad things went better than you'd hoped! Hugs and prayers your way.

    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news on your mom!
    So sorry to hear about Cody's job, but as you said, a blessing in disguise. Will pray for him for another job, and of course, continued prayers for your mom!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that your mom's cancer wasn't as bad as orginally thought! Isn't the power of the priesthood wonderful! Sorry to hear about your husband losing his job...but hopefully it won't last for long. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so HAPPY to read your update. You and your mother were on my mind today and I prayed. Such a blessing and I am thankful for her great news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog on TipJunkie today and I wanted to express my joy in hearing about how well your mother's surgery went. My own mom went through a masectomy to remove breast cancer about 2 months ago and it too was stage 1. Right now she is going through chemo and it is very hard, so I hope things go well for your mom! You have a lot of strength and our Heavenly Father will always be there for you and your family. It's tough to go through trials but I am so thankful we don't have to do it alone. Sending many hugs and prayers your way! I love your blog by the way...very fun and cute!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin