Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Trip to the Nursing Home


I had a mission. To start teaching my boys service. First mission- take them to the nursing home and hand out flowers. Now I'm not posting this to brag about how great and giving our family is. Cause we're not. But I am going to brag about how cute Ki and Jackson were giving old people flowers!

On the way there Ki said "We're going to give flowers to the old people cause they are sick." I said well, we don't want to call them old.... and Ki said " But daddy does!" What can I say to that? Anyways we went and the boys handed out daisies and melted those elderly hearts! They were very grateful but I think it was because of how stinkin cute my boys are. Ki and Jackson were thrilled because they got cookies and some glittery hearts. Mission accomplished!

10 comments:

  1. Ahh how sweet. I used to be scared to death of nursing homes. Now that my mom is in one, I'm not as nervous and my kids have visited her several times there, so I think they're not as nervous now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Girl!!! How nice to hear! That's what life is about how we can effect someone else :)) Because everything we do, good or bad does effect someone & if we make someone feel good even with a tiny smile, then that goodness will come back out of that person - pay it forward. Thanks for sharing :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do. I'm sure the ladies were loving your adorable boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh that's so sweet!!! And you should brag that your family is awesome, cuz they *ARE*!!! Darling idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how wonderful Ashley ! Excellent Mission !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Ashley, that is so adorable!♥ What a great mom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great that you took them! Never too young to learn. We should all be doing these things with our kids! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Ashley! That is the best thing you could ever do for your children. Compassion is a quality a lot of people forget to teach their children. You are such a good MOM. I am Proud of you sweetie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I can't be very objective, since I am their grandmother, but those are two of the most handsome boys I have ever seen! I am sure they brightened up the residents' day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin