Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Little Lesson for Me

When I wake up in the morning I am CRABBY! I know it's hard to believe but it's true. Well this morning I sort of was not nice to Cody as he left for work. I thought that I would be getting a phone call from him on his lunch break apologizing to me for being a stinker. Instead I get a phone call 2 hours later from his work asking if he plans on coming in today. I inform them that he left over 2 hours ago. I start to panic. We have a cell phone but it is just one of those prepaid ones for emergencies. Of course it was out of minutes. I turn the tv off and the boys and I say a prayer.

I called my mom and she told me to call the highway patrol to see if they heard anything, Why didn't I think of that? So I called and they called me back saying they didn't see him. Panic started to go away. All I could think about was me being crabby to him. What if he was in an accident and those were our last words?

A little while later Cody called from work saying he had gotten stuck along with thirty other cars but made it out ok. I told him I was sorry for being a stinker. I was the one apologizing this time.

Then he called back again to ask if I had called the dogs on him. I guess the highway patrol called his work making sure he got there. He can never say that I don't love him. Now I know I can always hunt him down!
Does anyone else have a story where they have been humbled?

8 comments:

  1. I have never had one of those thankgoodness and sorry you had to. I always try to tell my husband I love him and mean it before he leaves for the day. I would hate to have that regret. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is funny! Due to many stories I have heard and read, I always try and tell my dh I love him when we go to sleep, when he leaves for work, or just goes on errands. You just never know. I'm glad it all worked out for you though. :)

    Karie
    www.kariessliceofheaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that kind of stuff is always the freakiest thing!!! Always leave on a happy note, that's a good lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm humbled weekly from Sam & i usually need it. sorry for the scare! glad all is well

    ReplyDelete
  5. How scary! Thankfully I haven't had anything like that happen to me. Glad he's ok!
    Thanks for trying the eztaxreturn thing too! I know I said I'd love you forever for doing it, but I still love you for trying lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Ashley, I am so crabby and cranky in the morning too but my Hubs and family know to steer clear of me until I'm fully awake ! Happy everything turned out O.K. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very thankful he is OK. You guys are so awesome. I have had so many times when prayers have been answered instantly. I live by prayer. All day sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley left out that her mom (me) was in the middle of teaching a class when her number came up on my cell. Since I am in Phoenix, AZ, anytime her number comes up during a school day (it doesn't happen very often)my students know I will take the call. When Ashley told me what was happening, I told my class to say a little prayer that everything would be ok....and it was. No matter how old she is, I am still the concerned mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin