Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love Challenge


I joined a Love Challenge that is to help strengthen marriages. I think all marriages can use a little strengthening, even if yours is rock solid! It's a 7 day challenge and for day 1 it says to write a thank you card ( I think love letter sounds more romantic) listing 10 things you admire or appreciate about your spouse. I thought I would surprise my sweetheart, Cody, and share his on my blog- that's not too personal right? If you have a the Valentine's Day bug and want to join in you can sign up here. If you aren't married or dating someone I think it might still be fun to pick someone that you love- a friend, parent neighbor and modify the challenge for them. If you end up joining in on the love fun and blog about it then let me know- I would love to see what you end up doing!


Dear Cody,

Thank you for putting up with my quirks. I know my nagging can drive you crazy! Thank you for being such a great dad. I admire how playing with the boys comes so easily to you and I love how you guys are best buddies. I love how you still see the good in me and always encourage me to see my potential, even when I can't see it. I find comfort in knowing that I can come to you with a problem and you help me to see another perspective that I couldn't before. I can always count on you to help me out. I love how when I get us into a pickle ( which is hardly ever) you keep your mouth shut and help me out ( stuck car in the snow, clogged toilet). I love that you have been so patient with my cooking since we got married and haven't given up on me! I love that you have such a great sense of humor even when I'm mad at you. I'm thankful for all the times you go to the Flyin J late at night when I'm having a sugar craving and know just what to get me. I love how much you love our boys. Even though you spoil them too much I couldn't ask for a better dad. I like that even though we are so completely different from each other, we can find balance somehow, and it's usually because you compromise. I'm so thankful that you find me attractive when I look my worst. Even when my hair is a mess and I'm in sweats all day with no makeup! I'm thankful that you have the spirit guiding you and that you are able to use it to protect our family. I'm grateful for how you don't want to settle with where you are in your job and keep moving forward! I'm thankful for all the times you let me watch my chic flicks. Thank you sweetheart for loving me through everything and for being such a good guy. Thank you for supporting me and for never giving up on me. I love you more than you know.


Love,

2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful tribute Ashley. What my husband and I have done since we got married, is HIDE little notes. So for ex: mabe you go to put on your sneakers and there is the note"love you" , then I take THAT note and hide it....it gets creative thinking where to hide them that might be different. Sometimes you go for a month, and then WHAM, right out of the blue you find the note. It just makes me smile and warms my heart to find these "hidden" love notes. We have done it for 13 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ashley, that is so sweet ! Great idea because every marriage need TLC to keep it Rock Solid !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin