Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Exergen TemporalScanner


I have never been the kind of mom to take her sick child's temperature rectally. I just can't do it. I put up with enough gross stuff with kids, I don't need one more. Ever since Ki has been born I have used the ear thermometers to take the boy's temperatures. Every time I would get frustrated because it was never accurate. The reading would always be different. The nurse I would call late at night for medical advice would always tell me that I need to get another thermometer. Either the old fashioned kind ( which has mercury in it so I say no) or the kind they use in the doctor's office that glides across the forehead.


Well, now I finally have one so I don't have to hear that speech anymore and I can finally have peace of mind when I take my boy's temp. I am so happy to have been able to try out the Exergen Temporal Scanner. It uses advanced infrared technology to get the most accurate reading. The best thing about this is that you don't have to make your child more uncomfortable while they are sick by poking and prodding them.


When I used mine, I tested it out on the boys a few times to get the hang of it, and it was really easy to use! You can't have something complicated when it's late at night with a sick child. It only takes 2 seconds to get a reading. While I am glad I have this great product, I hope that I will not have to use it very often! But it is great piece of mind. If you would like to purchase the Exergen TemporalScanner, you can find it at Wal-mart, Walgreens, Costco, Babies R Us, Toys R Us and Sam's Club. It retails for about $50. For more info you can go to their site.


4 comments:

  1. All they had in my time was bum thermos and I really didn't like using them on my babies but had to...these awesome new gizmos are like magic to me, along with the temp strips !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just barely bought one of these and it works great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin