Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Have You Gotten the Flu Shot?

I have mixed feelings about the flu shot. Kind of like the election I am really on the fence about getting one. Not to mention giving one to my boys. Actually because of their age they each get two but it is spaced out. I did make the decision that the boys and I would not get the shot unless it was mercury free and this year since we are in the middle of no man's land, they don't have it here. I could go to another town if I really want too.

Have you heard of Dr. Mercola? He has these videos posted on his website. I watched them and it really started me thinking. I'm not preaching about vaccines here but I do think there are pros and cons to each side. I would love to know how you feel about the flu shot- maybe you can help me figure out what I'm going to do! The second video is longer but it has some great tips on what you can do to help prevent the flu.



4 comments:

  1. I have heard for younger kids you really should get them the shot.


    As for me.... havent had the flu in 40 years, so... I dont get the shot. My kids have never had the flu. Just my husband gets it, but he gets the shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never gotton a Flu shot however my husband does every year...I had a really bad Flu about 10 years ago and now that you have reminded me about the shot, I think I'm going to get it this year...I have been tempting fate all these years and at this point, I can't afford to be sick until January because our son is getting married 6 days before Christmas (in the Orlando Temple) and I will have a houseful of kids and grandkids ! Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually get the shot but I should with the amount of houses I will be going into with my new job. I also have split opinions on this. If your kids are healthy and some what isolated then I don't know that a shot is a must...washing hands, bleaching toys and wiping down everything they touch would help all of you. Talk to your doctor and see what he/she thinks is best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never gotten the flu shot and i haven't had the flu in like 20 years. seriously.

    i take precautions... i am not like a freaky fanatic or anything...i take a multivitamin everyday, exercise, use hand sanitizer and wash my hands whenever possible.

    hey... it works for me :)

    it WORKS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin