Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Are You Voting?


I'm sure that most blogs you will be reading today will be focused on voting. So of course I have to join in! I have been so frustrated by all the information about the candidates and where they stand on issues. It is overwhelming by all the commercials, emails and rumors that I finally decided to just go to each candidates website and read where they stand. On each website I found things I agree with and things I don't. I made my decision and encourage you to do so as well. Please think for yourself and not what your neighbor has to say. Please focus on what is important to you before you make a decision.

It is scary how many lies are out there and how things can be twisted around to sound convincing. I can't stand the emails full of doom and gloom threatening that only a true Christian will vote for so and so. I am so happy that I have the free will to vote for who I want to. Yes there are a lot of awful things in this world but there are so many wonderful things too. I'm not scared of the Second Coming if Obama becomes President or if McCain is elected. We have so many reasons to be happy and enjoy this world and all the different people, religions, beliefs and talents that are out there. Today is a great day to be a voter!

I know this is a powerful topic and welcome any comments- just please be nice!

7 comments:

  1. Yes I voted. On my site I talked about voting for the lesser of two evils. All you can do is pick the one who has the ideas you most are in like with. I didn't have to stay in line though..walked right in.

    Off topic are you getting excited about twilight? I am going to drive to detroit to see it with my sister..a four hour drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I am so very tired of the doom and gloom blogs too. I have been very nervous and it gets worst everytime I read those emails. All we can do is cast our vote. I am sure things will work out. It's been hard though - will all the doom and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted.... in some ways I am glad it is over this am-

    Bring on the second coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted too, I am sooooo glad we won't have to listen to all the ads and bad talk. We all know who got it now. he is going to have to work his butt off to get things in order. I believe things will change, but I don't know if it will be for the best or worst. It has to be the toughest job on earth. I did not vote for Obama, I didn't want to vote at all, but we have to. Even though it seems as if our vote in these little towns don't make a difference. He was pres. elect before Montana was even counted. That makes me mad. They could at least wait till all the states are in before telling us who the winner is. The way they do it makes me think it was a waste of my time. I don't like the electoral vote either, I think it is unfair. But that is my opinion. We can only hope he does a good job and Pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Don't forget to check out my new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen!!! I think that its so funny that people are saying that Obama is the anti-christ or that if he is elected its a sign of the times... oh dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin