Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Tub


Ok, I know I'm not alone when I say that I loathe taking the boys out to play in the snow. I have to first find all of their winter gear that is thrown all over the house since they love to play dress up. Then we have to get dressed which means I have to get dressed. Then we go out and it's just too darn cold! So today I thought I would just bring the snow to us. I filled a bucket over and over again with snow and put in the tub. I gave each boy a plastic spoon and they were so busy for so long- I made it through 1 and a half magazines! So worth it. I have also seen the idea where you fill squirt bottles with colored water and let the kids make designs in the snow. I can't wait to try that. I know that there are some mothers out there who can testify that going out in the snow everyday makes for a magical winter- but I just am not one of those gals.




So would anyone like to share their winter ideas for staying sane- inside or outside? As my son Ki would say, " Please, oh please, oh please?"




8 comments:

  1. My daughter likes to take the chalk out and draw on the snow when it has a nice little layer of ice on the top. It actually works well.

    And just for the record, I am so with you on not going out in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A squirt bottle with colored water. It will buy you about 45 minutes of uninterrupted bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY BRILLAINT....how dang creative. I am going to tell my kids about it. Yes putting on all that winter gear is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off how does one get 144 followers? You are SO popular! :)
    Second, that is an awesome idea! Why did I never think of this? Well when they get better it gets better for going out in the snow as they can dress themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! I will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through mormonmommyblogs and then saw this post--this is a great idea! If you do want your kids to go outside and stay out for a while, I've got a giveaway going on my blog for the best mittens around! Keeps the snow out of their wrists (which keeps them outside longer!). Check it out here.

    Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute idea! i'm going to try it, for sure!

    www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you about going outside Ashley. I actually love the snow, but not for long. lol... It will get easier once they can dress themselves. then they can go outside and build a snowman and make forts and play fox and geese. As for now. I love the ideas you have. My kids always loved to make "tractor tracks" in the snow. (heels together and walk.) And making snow angels. This winter is long isn't it? How have you been? I haven't seen you in forever. Next time you go to Glendive stop in. If I am not home I am at the Palace. Butch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin