Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PoPo pulled us over

Yesterday Cody had the day off so we decided to go to Bismarck for the day. On the way there we got pulled over. No, we weren't speeding. No, our tags weren't expired and we weren't swerving. We didn't have enough license plates on our car. When we got our North Dakota plate- there were two that came. Being from AZ where you only need one plate on the back- I thought the other one was extra in case someone stole the other one. In North Dakota you need one on the front and the back. OOPS! Luckily we got a warning. Luckily our kids didn't realize their parents were breaking the law because they were too busy watching Meet the Robinsons on the portable dvd player. They didn't take their eyes off it! Thank goodness for technology.

So I have two questions for anyone reading this- If you were in my situation would you have known that you need two plates on your car, and, have you ever gotten pulled over with your kids in the car? If you have I would love to hear details!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's the worst feeling ever -- to see flashing red lights in the rear-view mirror!

    I don't know if I would have known that as each state is different.

    It seems that there is always a lesson to be learned -- and warnings to heed as we go along the "road of life"!
    Perhaps there is some symbolism we can all think about! Sorry you had to experience it -- but, thanks for sharing with the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been pulled over three times while driving with my kids.....
    The first time I was having trouble with another driver on a 2 lane highway {in WA state} and my car was running on the last of it's alternator. The other car was speeding up passing me and then slowing down to 5 or 10 miles under the limit. We both got pulled over I got a warning and the other guy got a ticket! Cody was about 2 1/2 and he was singing the COPS song and telling the officer how his grandpa was a cop.
    The next time I was pulled over {outside of Vegas} it was for 'riding the white line'. Troy was following {well he was way behind} me, so when I got pulled over he pulled over in front of me. This always makes the cops nervous. The cop was completely convinced that I was drunk! {I have NEVER drank any alcoholic beverage}. So Troy pulls over and I explain who he is and the cop goes to talk to him. Finally believes that I'm NOT drunk and lets us go. What happened next, I don't learn until the next morning. The officer gives my Father-in-law a call and does his best to convince him that I was drinking! FIL finds this extremely funny! and assures him that a I was not and have never been drunk. The kids were sleeping through the whole thing.
    The most recent pull over {here in MT}resulted in my first ticket {ugh!} I was taking the kids to school and were nearly late and the speedometer might not have been working well and I was pregnant! I got nailed speeding! I just wanted to get the stinking ticket and get the kids to school and the cop he wanted to lecture! My friend seeing that the kids were going to be late, stopped and offered to take them to school and the cop.... he yelled at her and told her to move on! As you can guess no one in the car was impressed with the cop!
    There you have it, my experience with being pulled over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long ago I got pulled over when I was taking my youngest to school. He missed the bus and was running late so I was in a hurry. I got lucky and the cop just gave me a warning. He said I didn't stop at the stop sign long enough. I told my son that I need to be better and even when I am in a hurry make sure to stop for longer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin