Friday, December 19, 2008

The Paper Bag Christmas


Thanks to Hachette Book Group I was given the wonderful opportunity to reveiw Paper Bag Christmas by Kevin Alan Milne. Just in time to get me in the Christmas spirit and help me remember the true meaning of Christmas! The story is about two brothers whose parents sign them up to volunteer at a hospital where they befriend ill children. One of whom is a girl is so embarrassed by her deformaties that she wears a paper bag over her head. The story is so touching as they discover that Christmas is of course, more than presents and that it is never too late to believe in miracles- even if you don't believe in Santa. I was so touched by this book. It made me want to hug my boys and go take over some goodies to my neighbor. It helped remind me that we are all human and no matter what religion you are, what you look like, and how old you are, you can make a big difference in other lives and make lasting friendships.
If you are looking for a great last minute gift idea this would be perfect! I saw it at Walmart the other day ( I know- Walmart should start paying me for how often I mention them!).
Have you read this book or any other Christmas book lately? Leave me a comment and let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin