Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions


Ok everyone is doing it- sharing their resolutions. Well here are mine off the top of my head. I might add some more later!


  • Be nicer to my hubby. He hasn't been working as much lately because the trains are slow this time of the year and we have been driving each other nuts! On Modern Molly Mormon this morning I read about how Musing Molly tried to do something special for her hubby everyday for a week (little things). I used to do this sporadically but I think I need to pick it up a notch.

  • Be nicer to my boys. The same idea as the first. I need to show them I am more than just a house cleaner and a grilled cheese maker! It's the simple things they like from me- dancing to Miley Cyrus' "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and playing play dough.

  • Actually read my Fly Lady emails that I get every morning to stay on top of the housework.

  • Make scripture reading a priority. Why is it that I read when I am going through really hard trials but then blog and surf the internet when everything is calmer?

  • Stay on top of deleting my emails. I just finished decluttering my inbox (there were ALOT from A LONG time ago) and it was so freeing! I felt so productive.

  • Be more giving of myself. I am an only child. I wasn't spoiled but I don't always think of others as often as I should. I sigh when my husband asks me to do something for himor get cranky when I have to clean pee off the bathroom floor from one of my boys. I need to get over myself and just do it! Why is it that I would go out of my way to help a complete stranger but have issues with it in my own home?

  • Speaking of which, I need to listen to my boys more too. As I am trying to type all the ways I'm going to be a better person, I am trying so patiently to listen to Ki tell me about his Spiderman suit.

  • Wow this list is getting long... I should stop now. Baby Steps!


So, in the spirit of New Years, will you share your Resolutions? It always makes me feel better when I see that other people have things to work on too! I know that's twisted but you know you do too! AND, if you could give me some ideas on how to achieve my resolutions (especially the first two) I would LOVE it! ♥♥♥♥


6 comments:

  1. I could have written most of this list, right down to the reading of my FlyLady emails! I'm so bad about letting those pile up in my inbox only to delete the bulk of them without ever reading them. So, so bad of me. In other words, my house is a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Ashley, those are commendable resolutions. I am thinking you probably already do more of those then you give yourself credit for. Sounds like you have your "priority" list in good order. Take enthusiasm from pampering your hubby and wiping pee of the floor (from kids, not hubby, tee hee) It seems to slip away before you know it. Now my kids threaten me with arguments of who will change my diapers when I get old --WHAT THE HECK!!. happy new year to ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok we need a fly lady club..I really need to put that on top too.

    I have an only child and I don't think you are selfish at all just used to doing things for yourself, used to more quiet time then active boys. Yes more giving is always good and we always are nicer to others then our loved ones...not sure why. God knows you love him and he understands how life gets in the way...I just try to pray everyday and when you do have spare moments try to get a bit of scripture in.

    Now as for the pee on the floor of course it is a pain..you are a girl and never had to do it...I get frustrated when I have to do that for my husband/son inlaw, they still do it when older too. Yes you are mom so suck it up but you need to teach them that they are cleaners too and give them some sanitary wipes to help you and watch how they probably start hitting the toilet more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I know that I am not very objective (since you are my wonderful daughter) but I think you might be a little hard on yourself. One of the things that people notice about you is how loving and caring you are...especially to Cody and the boys.

    One of my resolutions is to have a daily time for my students to write one appreciation for someone that did something for them...no matter how small. Part of the classroom management program, Tribes, teaches the students to write down an appreciaton for something that someone has done for them. One of the student's grandmother died very unexpectedly right before Christmas. She posted the information on our class website and the students have been so supportive with prayers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) You are so cute Ashley, all those things you wrote are a never ending part of life. :) Pee on the bathroom floor, well I am way older then you and I still get mad and have been cleaning it for years. HA!! We can all better ourselves each and everyday. You are right though, we do need to first notice what we need to improve in. Also remember to take time for yourself, then I believe we are better people to the ones we love. My goals: I had a rough year with anxiety last year and let a lot go so i am going to get more organized. I am also working on doing things for my family from the heart, not because I have to. :) Taking some time for myself I believe will help me be a better person. Starting my 10 min work out AGAIN and the most important, being the best server to Jesus Christ. He is my life and my Best friend. He needs to always come first in our life!! So there you have it. :) Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally hear ya on the Fly Lady thing--I need to get on top of that, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin