Monday, December 28, 2009

Update from Phoenix

Hey everyone, I hope you had a good holidays! We are still in Phoenix and have had some fun but also some scares. My hubby was admitted to the hospital for atrial fillibration (spelling?). He woke up in the middle of the night with a crazy irregular heart beat and it wouldn't calm down. I'm not smart on all of the medical stuff but they couldn't get his heart rate back to normal with medicine so they had to do a procedure where they stopped his heart. He was told it would feel like he was having a heart attack. He said it was so incredibly painful. Finally after different medinces his heart rate is back to normal. Today we found out that it is his thyroid that is causing it and that he might have Graves disease. Still waiting to talk to the endocronlogist so we shall see but we are relieved that his heart is going to be ok.

We also are praying that are insurance will cover it. Since we are out of state it might not but trying not to worry about it. I'm just so thankful to still have my husband. I was worried sick thinking about not having him in my life. So if you haven't hugged your sweetheart lately- make sure you do- life is so short!

On that note, I know I have a TON of emails to respond to and will do my best in the coming days but am just trying to get my life organized while away from home.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about this! Praying that all will be ok, financially too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashley,
    wow, I hope everything turns out in your favor. my prayers are with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary (and painful)!! I'm glad his heart rate is better now, but I'm sure you're still worried with the possibility of Grave's disease or anything else long term. Hope everything works out well for his health and your insurance and that 2010 is great for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I had the same thing happened to me. They gave me the choice of having my heart stopped with the paddle-shock things or with a medicine through IV. What the heck kind of question is that - "How would you like your heart stopped?" They did the IV method and said I would feel like I couldn't breathe until they flushed the medicine out. Yeah it felt like an elephant sat on my chest.
    It was so scary, I wasn't sure if I was getting ready to die or what.
    They never found a reason for mine - a least your husband might find out a reason.
    I'm sorry something so scary happened to you all - I know how you feel. Do lots of research when you have a diagnosis so you both can make the best decisions for his health.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,
    Happy to hear your husband is doing better. I am sure very scary for all of you. Take care, enjoy the rest of your time here in AZ and have a saft trip home.

    Kandi
    info@thebabysbundle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG how terribly frightening that must be for you all. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully it is not Graves either, my best friends mom has it and it is very painful and her eyes hurt her constantly:{ Hope it was just a "fluke" thing that never happens again!
    Prayers;}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Grave's disease! Keep us updated! Hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am just reading this! That is crazy...I hope all is well. Keep us updated (when you can), but first and foremost, be there for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Ashley! that is so scary!!!! WHEW! i am glad they figured out how to get his heart rate under control. I bet lots of Guardian Angels were looking out for him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin