Monday, November 2, 2009
My boys love this show and it is finally being released on Nov. 10th! Our family loves this film and all of the good messages it brings. Like perseverance, helping others and how important family is.
We just received the 4 Disc Combo pack of Up!. It contains a Blu Ray copy, DVD copy, Bonus Features and a Digital Copy. It's playing in the background as I write this. I have to say that my favorite part in this whole movie is Carl and Ellie's love story. There's is so sweet with their cute and comfortable little life staring at the clouds and planning an adventure to Paradise Falls. You can pre-order your own copy at Amazon here.
BONUS FEATURES FOR UP
• Commentary by director Pete Docter and co-director Bob Peterson.
• Dug’s Special Mission – An all new original short film that follows the
misadventures of Dug as he attempts to complete his “special mission.” The
short is directed by Up Story Supervisor, Ronnie Del Carmen.
• The Many Endings of Muntz – Many ideas were hatched about how to dispose
of the film’s arch villain, Muntz, and now viewers can see the many alternate
endings proposed during story development.
• Partly Cloudy –The hilarious short film that preceded screenings of Up.
Everyone knows that the stork delivers babies, but where do the storks get the
babies? The answer lies up in the stratosphere where the cloud Gus is a master
at creating “dangerous” babies, which prove to be more than a handful for his
loval delivery stork Peck. Directed by Pixar story artist, animator and voice actor
• Adventure is Out There – This action-packed documentary tells the story of the
filmmakers’ own trek to the tepuis mountains of South America to research the
design and story of the film.
And, only on Blu-ray Hi-Def, hours of features, and behind-the scenes bonus features,
• Cine-Explore – A visual montage of concept art, clips and documentary
coverage that illustrates the directors’ commentary.
• Geriatric Hero – A character study of Carl, from research to realization including
art and design, rigging, animation and story. It focuses on the issues of aging,
“simplexity”, shape-language and compelling character arcs.
• Canine Companions – For anyone who ever wondered where CG puppies
come from, an introduction to the design, behavior and language of dogs.
• Russell: Wilderness Explorer – A character study of Russell from inspiration
and design to finding the character arc and authentic voice for this wilderness
• Our Giant Flightless Friend, Kevin – Find out how avian research and
development at Pixar helped bring a mythical, 13-foot tall iridescent bird to life.
• Homemakers of Pixar – Carl and Ellie’s house is an important “character” in the
film. Fans follow the development of the house from story to art to its ultimate
realization in the computer.
• Balloons and Flight – Carl’s house and Muntz's dirigible presented the
filmmakers with two different problems—how could they make a physical
impossibility possible? And, in the case of the dirigible, how would they unearth a
fallen giant and let it soar?
• Composing for Characters – Composer Michael Giacchino returns to score his
third Disney•Pixar feature film. See how the Up filmmakers collaborated with
Giacchino to create the memorable score and compelling musical themes.
• Married Life – The original story concept that became the powerful “Married Life”
scene, showing Carl and Ellie’s love story.
• Global Guardian Badge Game – Players try to locate countries, states and
capitals around the globe in a multi-layered BD-Exclusive geography game
enhanced by BD-Live.
Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios take moviegoers up, up and away on
one of the funniest adventures of all time with their latest comedy-fantasy. Up follows the
uplifting tale of 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his
lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and
flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest
nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 8-year-old Wilderness
Explorer named Russell. Their journey to a lost world, where they encounter some
strange, exotic and surprising characters, is filled with hilarity, emotion and wildly
Up has a suggested retail price of $39.99 SRP (US) or $44.99 SRP (Canada) for the 2-
Disc DVD, and $45.99 SRP (US) or $52.99 SRP (Canada) for the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo
pack. A 1-Disc DVD is also available at SRP $29.99 (US), $35.99 (Canada)
STREET DATE: 11/10
Direct prebook: 9/1
Distributor prebook: 9/15
Pricing: 2-Disc DVD: $39.99, 4-Disc Combo: $45.99
Feature run time: 96 minutes
Bonus Materials Not Rated in US
Technical specifications may only apply to feature.
Aspect ratio: DVD: Widescreen 16x9
Sound: SD: 5.1 Dolby Digital, BD: Dolby Digital EX 1080P
Languages: English, Canadian French, Spanish