Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Five For Fighting Slice CD Review


Singer/songwriter John Ondrasik has spent the past decade writing deeply personal songs that include social messages, invoke the human spirit and make an emotional connection. This can be heard on the past five albums by Five For Fighting, the band name under which he records and performs. Now John delivers a new album, Slice, featuring the song “Chances”, available October 13th.

Five For Fighting’s breakthrough came in 2001 with the Grammy Nominated song “Superman”, from the Platinum certified “America Town”. The song was climbing the charts upon release, and when 9/11 happened, it became a song of healing for the nation. FFF performed the song at the post 9/11 fundraiser The Concert for New York which paid tribute to all the firefighters, police officers & paramedics affected by the events of 9/11.
On the 2004 release, “The Battle For Everything”, the song “100 Years” followed in the footsteps of “Superman” as yet another inspiring reflective song.

Every round I try to write the best songs I can, and perhaps step out of the box a bit. To me, records are about offering my worldview while providing sentiments to which people may attach themselves or escape into. Slice is where I’ve come from, where I am, and a few scraps I’ve picked up in between. All in a slice of time.”


We love the downloadable cd that we received to review. Most of the songs are right up my ally and I have been playing them while making dinner to help me relax. I love the messages behind them and I especially like that the music is clean so I can play it around my kids. To listen to a song for yourself click here.

Much thanks to One2One Network who gave me the cd to review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- keep 'em coming!

 
Restored 316 Designs
Clicky Web Analytics Blog Widget by LinkWithin